Posting withing ForSale Forum

Posted by: PeterK

Posting withing ForSale Forum - 05/25/15 07:27 AM

Is there a special requirement to post within the For Sale section of the forum?
Posted by: Pika

Re: Posting withing ForSale Forum - 05/25/15 10:10 AM

I believe that you are required to have a certain number of general posts on this forum before you are allowed to list items for sale or WTB. I'm sure a moderator will be along to let you know the requirement.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Posting withing ForSale Forum - 05/25/15 12:34 PM

It is listed on the Board Rules page, for which there is a link at the bottom of every page. A new user needs to have 25 "approved posts" to gain access to the For Sale forum.

The reason for the addition of "approved" is that the rule is designed to restrict access to those who have engaged in useful activity and productive conversation in their postings, not just banging out a series of 25 of "I agree!" or "Good idea!" posts that may as well have been posted by a spambot.
Posted by: PeterK

Re: Posting withing ForSale Forum - 05/25/15 01:36 PM

Thank you.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Posting withing ForSale Forum - 05/25/15 05:45 PM

The reason behind this rule is that we want the community here to have some acquaintance with the vendor in order to gain some knowledge of him/her before engaging in a business transaction. Since we've had at least one person try to circumvent the intent of the 25 post rule by making 25 posts in a day, Packlite, the site owner, is looking at requiring a time limit as well. (We deleted the For Sale post of that particular person and will do so with others who try to circumvent the intent of the rules in this way.)
Posted by: wahahazx1

Re: Posting withing ForSale Forum - 12/26/16 09:05 PM

Thanks!