point and shoot for wife

Posted by: Jimshaw

point and shoot for wife - 03/09/12 02:18 PM

Our hp cameras are getting old and my wife wants a new smaller digital camera. The old hp has a sort of big lense that protrudes and moves in and out to focus. I'd kinda like one that didn't have that much mechanical stuff to break. I also want to be able to take fairly high resolution movies with it and I want a camera for around $100 on sale or ebay. Shes not a photographer and pretty much only takes daylight pictures largely of landscapes and flower close ups sp a macro function would be nice.

Please suggest
Jim
Posted by: Kent W

Re: point and shoot for wife - 03/09/12 05:38 PM

Jim I used to take my eos digitl SLR. No more , wife bought me a Canon SD 1400 Image stabilised digital ELPH With bat and 4 gig mem card in a lowe pro case 6oz. Has macro and HD digital vidio I dont know if they still offer this exact model. My mom was looking for one and found a similar one with Bat and 4G card for 99.00 at wal mart. I wont tell you pictures are as excellent as my full size slr but they are very good quality. I will never carry a full size cam backpacking again. It also has a 4x optical zoom and additional 12 x digital zoom. Great little camera for the buck. I was amazed at the vidio quality! Hope this helps
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: point and shoot for wife - 03/10/12 12:20 PM

I ordered a Canon powershot ELPH 300 HS. I like the HD video featue and my wife wanted small and light.
Jim
Posted by: Kent W

Re: point and shoot for wife - 03/11/12 10:06 AM

You will like it,I am sure.