HOW TO BACKPACK

Posted by: GrandPacker

HOW TO BACKPACK - 03/10/16 01:34 PM

Hi, I'm traveling by myself in the Balkans for 34 days next year in the summer, I already made a basic itinerary on which countries I want to travel through, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia.

My question is, I'm traveling with just a backpack and the clothes on my back, what should I pack in my travel pack? It'll be with me at all times unless I stay at a cheap hotel where I can leave it for the day.
My backpack is a 5.11 Tactical Rush 72hr backpack.

FYI, I've never traveled before, so I figuered this forum would be a great place to ask newbie questions on how to pack my travelpack correctly.
Posted by: aimless

Re: HOW TO BACKPACK - 03/10/16 02:21 PM

Hello, Grandpacker. Based on your post it would appear you did not examine these forums in any great detail before posting. Our shared interest here is in backcountry trekking, carrying not just our clothes, but our food, water, shelter and everything else we might need, then camping out in the wilderness. There are some similarities, but I personally wouldn't feel competent to tell you about travel in the Balkans based on my decades of backcountry camping in the western USA.

A few of our members have also done some cheap international travel and may be able to give you some guidance based on that, but their presence here is incidental to the main subject: outdoor recreation.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: HOW TO BACKPACK - 03/15/16 09:52 AM

My experience is that you unzip the pack, and stuff everything inside. Keep your money in a pouch around your neck and under your shirt.