NEW ? Please fill out your profile!

Posted by: OregonMouse

NEW ? Please fill out your profile! - 06/22/15 01:28 PM

To our new members: We would greatly appreciate your filling in your profile, to at least some degree, especially if you're asking questions. We are unable to help you if we don't know your location (state/province is fine, we don't need your address!) and where you generally backpack.

Thank you very much for helping us to help you!
Posted by: noishiker

Re: NEW ? Please fill out your profile! - 03/03/16 05:38 PM

Hey everybody! Glad to be here. Looks like a valuable website.
Our family of 3 moved to Vancouver Island about 7 years ago; previously we were in south-west Ontario, London area. Not a great deal of experience hiking, camping etc. but interested in doing much much more now that I'm (supposedly) retired. Really keen to learn about others' experiences & gain from their hard-earned wisdom thru trial & error. Planning on doing a very long hike in Europe in the next few years.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: NEW ? Please fill out your profile! - 03/03/16 08:13 PM

Welcome; we're glad to have you.

However, to reiterate: PLEASE fill out your profile. What you said in your post was great - very informative and complete - and totally unavailable to the person responding to questions you post anywhere but this thread, since they don't know you've included it as a response to this post.

You can put nearly all of that somewhere in your profile, which people can access by clicking on your name any time you post. To get to your profile, click on My Stuff in the toolbar above, and select Edit Profile.

Thanks, and welcome again.
Posted by: BrianLe

Re: NEW ? Please fill out your profile! - 03/04/16 01:18 PM

Quote:
"Planning on doing a very long hike in Europe in the next few years."

I've greatly enjoyed the bits of hiking that I've done in Europe. Have you a specific trip, trail, itinerary in mind? My wife enjoys biking more, so our next European trip will be a bike vacation, but I hope to get back someday and do some more extensive hiking.