Solo Backpacking Recommendations

Posted by: JerG

Solo Backpacking Recommendations - 08/27/14 01:05 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a little bit about me, my name is Jeremy, I'm 20, and completely new to this forum and backpacking in general. Thank you to everyone that makes sites like this possible for rookies like me.

For the last year I've been looking into a solo backpacking trip and need some advice where I should go. Sorry, I'm sure many of these threads are made every day, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are my thoughts for the trip...

1) Go sometime between September - February
2) Backpack for 2-3 months
3) Somewhere with a warm climate
4) Somewhere that I could meet other backpackers

Any recommendations as to where I could go would be great! I have thought about Peru, Brazil or Australia...
Posted by: aimless

Re: Solo Backpacking Recommendations - 08/27/14 01:51 PM

It is fairly clear that you have not spent much time reading other threads on this forum. That's ok. You are not the first newcomer who has failed to notice that this forum is devoted to the sort of backpacking which is done in backcountry wilderness, far from roads, towns and soft beds.

While some of our members have a passing acquaintance with the sort of backpacking that involves international travel, staying in hostels and such, you may have more luck getting your questions answered in a forum devoted to that sort of travel. Lonely Planet, the guidebook publisher, used to provide such a forum, but I don't know if they still do.