Survival Guide To Survival Books

Posted by: timo

Survival Guide To Survival Books - 02/02/12 09:52 PM

i am by no means an expert on survival books but I have read quite a few here is a list and recommendations of the ones I thought were the best hope it saves you some time and money
http://www.squidoo.com/survival-book
Timo
Posted by: Pete A.

Re: Survival Guide To Survival Books - 02/13/12 09:36 AM

Wow, that's an impressive library!
Posted by: Blue_Ridge_Ninja

Re: Survival Guide To Survival Books - 02/14/12 11:30 AM

Good find. The author of "98.6 - Keeping Your Ass Alive" is Cody Lundin, one of the duo on the Discovery show "Dual Survival".
Posted by: Wilderness70

Re: Survival Guide To Survival Books - 02/23/12 03:11 AM

I've read a lot of survival books, and I think that's the key... read as much as possible and you'll by default take the best advice from all of them. However I think the best one was the SAS Survival Handbook.

It's also important to read nonfiction books on survival situations... that's the best way to learn from the mistakes others have made.
Posted by: verber

Re: Survival Guide To Survival Books - 03/04/12 11:00 AM

I would also recommend 98.6 - keeping your ass alive by Cody Lundin. Everything you need without stuff you don't need - unless you are worried about defending yourself from zombies smile. If you don't want to buy a book you can get a sense of his philosophy from the article interview with guy and then one of the more military orients online survival guides such as the aircav survival guide