Intro

Posted by: Boots

Intro - 06/20/10 09:56 AM

I happened upon this site while looking to learn more about solo backpacking. I've been hiking and scrambling for some time, but there are always new things being learned that simplify and enhance the experience of being outdoors. I hope to make some new friends and have some fun here.

Thanks.
Posted by: Tango61

Re: Intro - 06/20/10 11:08 PM

Welcome Boots! Be sure and read all the articles on the home page of this website.

Lot's of good stuff there!
Posted by: TomD

Re: Intro - 06/21/10 02:18 AM

Hi Boots, As Tango said, check out the site starting at the home page, there is much more to the site than just these forums. There are various articles and gear lists. Also, check out the sponsored links. The sponsors are a good source of info on what is available, even if you aren't buying anything at the moment or just want to compare prices.

There are a number of threads on solo hiking-use the search function (on the toolbar) to find them. Be sure to set the parameters properly otherwise, nothing will show up.

One tip-even though we have a beginners forum, try to post specific questions in the proper forum, such as cooking or gear. That will get you the most responses.