Cabela's Teton II vs Perfekt 7

Posted by: ledzeppelin1977

Cabela's Teton II vs Perfekt 7 - 05/06/10 03:45 PM

Hey guys,

so the Asolos that I bought are probably going back, and I just wanted to get some insider advice on these two boots

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0013471811002a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCHFEAT_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=meindl&sort=all&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0

and

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0021192811980a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=meindl&sort=all&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0

theres a lot of knowledge on these boards that is totally new to me, Im going to purchase these soon, just wanted to get some opinions. thanks in advance, hopefully these will fit well! lol
Posted by: billk

Re: Cabela's Teton II vs Perfekt 7 - 05/08/10 01:52 AM

Those are both "old school" hiking boots. That is, probably too heavy and stiff for most backpacking. I wore similar boots for years, and I'll bet most of the others on this board did, too. Now most backpackers trying to go light wear either light, flexible boots or low-cut trail runners.

Many people still use heavy boots, though, and they have their place, such as when kicking steps in snow is called for, or (maybe) when carrying a very heavy pack and going off-trail.

Posted by: CJC

Re: Cabela's Teton II vs Perfekt 7 - 05/11/10 03:05 AM

Another reason to go with "old School" hiking boots is for LOTS of ankle support or walking gate reasons such as severe pronating or supinating when you walk. I have severe supinating problems with my right foot/ankle from having hurt it several years ago. Light weight trail runners just don't work for me on all day or multi-day treks.
Posted by: ledzeppelin1977

Re: Cabela's Teton II vs Perfekt 7 - 05/11/10 05:35 PM

yeah, i have very very weird shaped feet, thank you ski racing and tiny arse boots...

so i ordered both of these boots (with the intention of returning the loser), and let me just say, the perfekt hikers feel amazing. i have tried on probably 20-30 boots in the past month, and they feel incredible. ill take them on a hike before i rave about them too much, but they passed the carpet test :P