Baby Carrier

Posted by: Jandroos

Baby Carrier - 09/13/09 12:26 AM

Anyone have a favorite baby carrier for a short day/afternoon hike?

Thanks!
Posted by: chris

Re: Baby Carrier - 09/13/09 09:47 AM

I have a Kelty Country carrier and love it. We got it at a yard sale for $35 and it looked brand new. Every time I go out for a walk I now take the baby. It really helps to keep in hiking shape.

This is one item that you definitely will be able to find used at a fraction of the cost of a new one. I would check yard sales, craigslist, and local consignment stores.
Posted by: packin.law.man

Re: Baby Carrier - 09/13/09 11:03 PM

We have the Kelty FC 2.0 and our son just loves it. It is a little bit more on the "pricey" side but I have not carried my boy in anything more comfortable. My son actually falls asleep while hiking!! The down side is it is more on the bulky side(by that I mean wont collapse down for easy storage or transport) and as already mentioned a little bit more pricey. The upside is it's comfort for both me and my son, storage capability and is fully ajustable for kids up to 50 pounds. I took my son out for his first day hike when he was only 13 pounds and he is now 28 pounds and get so excited when he sees his carrier sitting by the door!!

http://www.kelty.com/kelty/kids.php?type=&cat=11&ref=48&id=338