Milk Scam...

Posted by: billstephenson

Milk Scam... - 01/20/17 08:48 PM

You can get back some milk money if you live in one of these States: Arizona, California, the District of Columbia, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.

If you go to that link and read why you'll be astounded. At least I was. Crazy world we live in. As far as I know, no one will be going to jail.

Here's the link to get your money back. I'm sure it won't amount to much, but I had to fill out that form because this just burned me up.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Milk Scam... - 01/22/17 02:28 PM

Thanks. I registered. Price-fixing is illegal for a good reason. Just because they skimmed their ill-gotten profits as pennies from millions of small transactions doesn't make it any less criminal.
Posted by: coyotemaster

Re: Milk Scam... - 01/22/17 07:48 PM

I saw this in the local news (AZ) and signed up last week.
I suspect most the members of trade associations, guilds and what have you, end up scratching each others backs in similar manner.
Posted by: HikeGirl7

Re: Milk Scam... - 02/02/17 07:03 PM

Thanks, I'm in Oregon so will definitely check it out.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Milk Scam... - 02/02/17 11:28 PM

Unfortunately, January 31 was the deadline.
Posted by: Dia

Re: Milk Scam... - 02/11/17 11:54 AM

I don't live in any of those states, but the whole thing is pretty bizarre. Love how no one is getting punished...smh.
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: Milk Scam... - 02/11/17 12:27 PM

I just cannot get too worked up about this. All businesses work on supply and demand. When sedans do not sell the auto companies start to produce more SUV's. When too many farmers grow wheat the next year they plant corn By limiting the supply the milk producers produce more profits. Milk is not a product that is necessary for the most part so just don't buy it. Killing the cows may seem harsh but the beef farmers are doing it every day. Note: I am not a farmer and do not have a dog in this fight.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Milk Scam... - 04/15/17 11:22 PM

I gave 'em my contact info, but have not heard back. The website originally projected they would send the settlement (of a few dollars) in a few weeks after the deadline closed on Jan. 31. Makes me wonder. The law firm will no doubt rake off its multi-million dollar share for representing the class action.

Has anyone else seen a penny of the settlement?
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Milk Scam... - 04/28/17 12:31 AM

Ha! I just checked their site the other day and had no updates at all. Made me wonder if we'd been scammed again too laugh