It's that time of year again!

Posted by: OregonMouse

It's that time of year again! - 01/24/14 08:57 PM

Obviously, everyone out here in the PNW is all excited about the upcoming Super Bowl, an event that usually passes us by. However, local wags are calling it the Pot Bowl, since, by what may or may not be a coincidence, the two states involved have both legalized that substance.

Even our professorial (Univ. of WA) weather blogger, Cliff Mass, is getting in on the act: Weather Insights for Super Bowl 2014

Now that I've given away the Seahawks' weather secrets to our members from Colorado, it's time for you to reciprocate!

Oh, and what kind of bird is a Seahawk? Not anything known to an ornithologist! Untamed horse vs. mythical bird--who will win?
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/24/14 09:19 PM

Since I was born in CO by default I'm a Bronco fan, I guess. I do like the Seahawks too,that young quarterback is pretty darn good.
Posted by: aimless

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/24/14 09:19 PM

'Erne' (or sometimes 'ern') is a word that used to show up in crossword puzzles constantly. The usual clue: "sea eagle". But apparently it hung out in the Bermudas, not the San Juans, and was an eagle, not a hawk.
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/25/14 06:25 AM

The Superbowl is the sport with the pointy ball, right?
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/25/14 11:50 AM

I'm sure some folks in those two states are thinking of different meaning to Super Bowl. wink grin
Posted by: bluefish

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/26/14 09:38 AM

Watching the Super Bowl and smoking pot can produce similar results. People yell and laugh hysterically then consume tons of junk food. grin Wait til you see this years Bud Light commercial.

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/29/14 04:11 PM

Super Bowl Super Boring Weather Forecast
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: It's that time of year again! - 01/30/14 06:28 PM

Used to be I'd go surfing if it were glassey conditions. This year its sport climbing. HEHEHE Timing CAN be everything you know. Would be nice to see the Broncos WIN. (I know, I know...we are supposted to hate Payton here in San Diego. I'm not one to hold a grudge tho...)

Re: It's that time of year again! - 02/02/14 10:20 PM

Evidently the Seahawks won, because it sounds like the Fourth of July around here right now. And this in a small Portland suburb. I hate to think how loud things are in Seattle! Sorry, Denver!

No, I didn't watch the game; had a nice backyard romp with my daughter's dog (here for another 2 weeks) and did some sewing. I do my hiking on weekdays when it's less crowded. However, it looks as though a deep freeze is coming, with 40+ mph winds, so I may not be doing much hiking this week.
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: It's that time of year again! - 02/02/14 10:47 PM

You missed nothing!

Re: It's that time of year again! - 02/03/14 01:07 PM

Local news reports that one Seattle bar switched their TV to the Puppy Bowl for the 4th quarter….
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: It's that time of year again! - 02/03/14 01:09 PM

Yeah, I didn't watch it either. I don't even have a way to watch it at home. We don't have cable/sat or an antenna, so we don't watch much broadcast TV at all, only what's available on the Roku streams.

I didn't see any of the commercials either, and yet I don't feel at all like I've missed anything. Now, if da Bears had been playing I'd have been there. grin
Posted by: finallyME

Re: It's that time of year again! - 02/26/14 09:33 AM

I know this is late, and the game is long past over...but I might need to highlight the conundrum my brother was in. You see...he is from Seattle. We moved there when I was a Senior in High School, and he was a Freshman...so he has more ties. Anyways, he named his daughter "Payton", after Payton Manning...of course. When I pressed him about it...he said "Oh, that was when he was playing for the Colts, we are rooting for the Hawks".