The Immortal Question

Posted by: Glenn Roberts

The Immortal Question - 11/24/13 07:49 PM

This may have been asked elsewhere on the forums, but just in case it hasn't:

If a man speaks in the woods, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/24/13 09:13 PM

Only if your asking her the question. smile

Edit= and of course in the name of keeping the peace, she would be correct!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 01:18 AM

OOOH! Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm always right! Just most of the time.
lol

Posted by: PerryMK

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 05:52 AM

I asked a woman this question once. She replied, "He's speaking, isn't he?"
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 06:09 AM

It is like you can tell if a politician is lying because their lips are moving.

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 07:25 AM

So, you're saying I was wrong to have asked this in the first place? smile (Just remember, it was a boring Sunday afternoon, with no local mischief to participate in, when I wrote this. And, it's in the Humor section.)
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 01:26 PM

Not wrong at all (and I'm speaking as an individual, not as a moderator!). Yes, a trifle sexist, but also a new twist on the "if a tree falls in the forest" concept. And it got more responses than I did with the Gettysburg Address!

We gotta do something to liven up these long winter nights! I don't know about Ohio, but out here in NW Oregon we're down to 10 hours of daylight, and that's only on the rare occasions (like now) when it's not cloudy!
Posted by: Heather-ak

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 04:44 PM

To be so lucky to have 10 hours of daylight. We are down to 5 and sinking fast. Course I love the summer with daylight all the time smile
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts
This may have been asked elsewhere on the forums, but just in case it hasn't:

If a man speaks in the woods, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

There are countless pitfalls one might fall into while trying to answer this question. I've myself have been found kicked into and busted up at the bottom of many of them, but I've been enlightened from looking up for a way out. Here's the answer...

Women, like God, are omnipresent in all mens minds. So, yep.

grin

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 08:45 PM

Quote:
We are down to 5 and sinking fast

God bless ya, I would be hanging on the end of a sturdy rope....around my neck!

Well I have one more blessing to count while giving thanks.

jimmyb

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/25/13 10:07 PM

We're down to about 10 (with clouds) or 11 (on the rare sunny day), so yes, we need to do something about that. Unfortunately, there aren't enough Big Bang Theory reruns to alleviate it.

Tonight, Karol and I started watching our Christmas movies (Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and White Christmas top the list, but a Ben Affleck movie we found last year is coming in a strong fourth: Surviving Christmas. It's really pretty good.)

And, I've always got the 4-year-old honorary granddaughter next door. There's always something we can put her up to...then give her some chocolate milk and send her home (with Band in a Box? Hmmmm....)
Posted by: Heather-ak

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/26/13 12:14 PM

Yeah, I need to get outside to stave off SAD, but the days are so short and the urge to hibernate so strong... I'm hoping to do some winter camping later (Feb, March) because our summers have been taken up with building a house. (Well last year we didn't get as much done because of the threat of wildfires.)

It isn't terrible (the lack of light) if you keep yourself busy -snowshoeing, day hiking, cross country skiing, snowmobiling... and it is kind of nice having a good excuse to stay inside and play video games wink

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/26/13 03:30 PM

Yes SAD, for those who don't know, is definitely a REAL deal. As you say keeping busy is about the only thing I know that helps. I haven't tried the lights yet but the Doc suggests taking vitamin D in the fall and winter months to compensate for less sunlight. Last winter I bought a sewing machine to make our own cushions and canvas projects for our little sailboat to keep busy. It has already paid for itself and I figured it was cheaper than therapy anyway. laugh

All joking aside I was just thinking it would be an astronomy buffs delight to have that much darkness for star gazing.

jimmyt

Posted by: billstephenson

Re: The Immortal Question - 11/26/13 05:12 PM

I think in the old days they called that "Cabin Fever". I know I sure get affected by it.

Getting sun in the warmer months does help. I mean getting out in just shorts or a swimsuit and soaking up the sun. You can store up enough vitamin D to help get you through.

I think the sunscreen thing is way over done. I almost never use it. I don't let myself get burned, but I do get out in the sun.

We're lucky here. The past couple weeks have been pretty chilly or rainy out, and lot's of clouds too, but we get some sunny 60º+ days here even during the coldest time of year and I will get out there and soak up some sun when we do.