anybody tried electric water filter?

Posted by: Jimshaw

anybody tried electric water filter? - 04/11/19 12:09 AM

saw a cute little electric water filter advertised. Made me think of being eaten alive by mosquitoes while filtering a canteen of water.
Jim
Posted by: JustWalking

Re: anybody tried electric water filter? - 04/11/19 02:20 AM

Depends on what you mean by an electric filter. I use a Steripen, love the thing. Works great.
Posted by: aimless

Re: anybody tried electric water filter? - 04/11/19 01:50 PM

I'm trying to imagine what this thing might look like. Presumably an electric pump is trying to deliver sufficient pressure to force water through the filter. I'm skeptical that such a pump (and its power source) could be both light enough and powerful enough to be worth packing. Now, car camping would be a different matter...
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: anybody tried electric water filter? - 04/12/19 01:19 PM

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/...-used?a=1929391
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: anybody tried electric water filter? - 04/12/19 02:07 PM

Whatta find! Love that it comes in it's own backpack and weighs a mere 110 pounds (or as the Swiss would say, "Fünfzig Kilos"). Unsure what "manually operated" means but if Fritz can tote it he can crank it, too.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: anybody tried electric water filter? - 04/12/19 05:34 PM

What bothers me is that it comes with safety goggles...
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: anybody tried electric water filter? - 06/29/20 08:22 PM

I always wear safety goggles. Anyway I was thinking of those times when the mosquito density close to water is too high to squat and pump. How bout just set it in the water, turn it on and run, come back later it shuts off automatically??? Jim