Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans

Posted by: Rick_D

Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans - 05/12/11 07:26 PM

Your long wait for the ultimate roll is at last, over.

Hellooo, duct tape

You're welcome,
Posted by: lori

Re: Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans - 05/13/11 12:55 AM

Well, now I guess I need some, if only to distract people from the novelty of the hammock...
Posted by: TomD

Re: Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans - 05/16/11 04:03 AM

The best tape I ever used was Lowel Gaffer Tape, made for the film industry. It costs far more than the stuff you find at Home Depot, but it has a woven cloth backing and is incredibly strong. I used it years ago to repair a torn front corner of a convertible top and it withstood Ohio winter weather for months. Amazing stuff. You can find it online.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans - 05/16/11 01:11 PM

"The best tape I ever used was Lowel Gaffer Tape"

Yeah, but do they make it with "Hello Kitty" colors and graphics? laugh

When I built cars the racers called it "200 mph tape". When I hung out with musicians they called it "Rock & Roll" tape. My grandfather, who was a "Tinner", did call it "Duct Tape", but he didn't approve of using it wink
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans - 05/16/11 02:25 PM

Hi Bill,

I didn't know before I worked on a few HVAC construction plans that duct tape is forbidden for use on...well...ductwork. I found it hilarious.

Agree on gaffer's tape. I once did teevee setup and taped what seemed like miles of cables down using the stuff. It can handle foot traffic and the like without peeling off or wearing through. It will even adhere to certain types of carpet yet when it's time to strike the set, it comes up.

Nevertheless, Hello Kitty has changed everything!

Cheers,
Originally Posted By billstephenson
"The best tape I ever used was Lowel Gaffer Tape"

Yeah, but do they make it with "Hello Kitty" colors and graphics? laugh

When I built cars the racers called it "200 mph tape". When I hung out with musicians they called it "Rock & Roll" tape. My grandfather, who was a "Tinner", did call it "Duct Tape", but he didn't approve of using it wink
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Attention: Duct &/or Duck Tape Fans - 05/16/11 05:57 PM

Oh man, I need to trade out my gorilla tape for this stuff. smile