Let's be careful out there--part 15

Posted by: Rick_D

Let's be careful out there--part 15 - 08/23/11 10:34 PM

Another Yosemite death, fifteenth of the year. Possibly suicide?

Half Dome fall

[edit] Now believed to be an accident. Victim was 25, from Los Gatos. I won't post the article because the comments are rather sickening.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Let's be careful out there--part 15 - 08/24/11 09:35 PM

That's sad. I was reading an article about the increase in deaths there and in other NFs and NPs this year, and just as you pointed out, many of the comments were just plain mean and crude.

Part of the article was about a guy who was killed by a mountain goat. It said the goat actually stalked the guy and attacked him. As I recall, it said the guy was an experienced hiker. The family of the deceased is now suing.

Craziness abounds... crazy
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Let's be careful out there--part 15 - 08/25/11 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By billstephenson

Part of the article was about a guy who was killed by a mountain goat. It said the goat actually stalked the guy and attacked him. As I recall, it said the guy was an experienced hiker. The family of the deceased is now suing.

Craziness abounds... crazy

Uh, what's the basis of the lawsuit? That the park failed to warn the hiker of possible death by goat? It sad seeing people lose someone close to them and using it for silly lawsuits...America: Home of the litigation lottery.