? about Gore-Tex brand shells

Posted by: teampanic

? about Gore-Tex brand shells - 04/21/08 09:49 AM

I've got a pro deal on Gore-Tex jackets.....there is the option of the Gore-tex Pro Shell and the Paclite. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with the Gore-Tex brand jackets?? I can't find the weights on these anywhere and also I can't tell if the Paclite jacket has a hood on it?? I've tried calling and still can't get an answer?? Thanks for the help!
Posted by: Carter

Re: ? about Gore-Tex brand shells - 04/21/08 12:40 PM

It would help if you told us what brand (manufacturer) of jackets you're considering. But in general, PackLight is lighter weight than ProShell, but not as durable.
Posted by: teampanic

Re: ? about Gore-Tex brand shells - 04/21/08 01:17 PM

The brand is Gore-Tex......I haven't seen these before, but I'm getting a super sweet deal on these two jackets, I can't find any literature about them, sorry if that was confusing.....thanks!
Posted by: ndsol

Re: ? about Gore-Tex brand shells - 04/21/08 03:07 PM

Gore-Tex does not make jackets. It licenses its fabric technology to others who make the jackets and put their names on it. So it would be helpful to know who the manufacturer is.

I, like many others on this board, are not big fans of Gore-Tex products. They weigh quite a bit in general and breathability is not great for backpacking trips.