Cascade Designs

Posted by: bluefish

Cascade Designs - 02/26/16 01:10 PM

My wife had a women's Thermarest x-lite for 3 years that had a tendency to go flat with large temperature swings. She just dealt with it for the @150 nights of use it got. Lately it got a little exasperating. With no receipt and the full expectation of paying for a repair, I sent it back, as we had older pads as backup. It took a little over 3 weeks , but CD sent a brand new one, for no charge, back. We love the pads, so this is just a feather in the cap. Thumbs up to Cascade Designs.
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Cascade Designs - 02/27/16 12:11 AM

Yup, they have a great reputation for CS. Having read a lot of good feedback similar to your post here helped in our decision to go with their products. Have been real happy with our xlites and xtherms. Glad you were taken care of.
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Cascade Designs - 03/04/16 09:30 AM

A little update- CD did send a separate bill for the return postage-20.00, which had to be sent in via check. In the end, we got a new pad which would have cost us 173 bucks, for 35 in shipping costs. We never received any explanation of why we received our new pad, but, I'll assume our hypothesis of a very small seam leak from a manufacturing defect was correct. The new pad spent a night in the cold tent and like mine, had zero noticeable deflation. Dumb move # 57: I forgot to take the nice, light straps we had made to keep the pads together out of the bottom of the stuff sack before shipping. When my wife asked me about them, I just assumed they'd come back with the repaired pad. Not. Time for another set of straps.
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Cascade Designs - 03/04/16 11:08 AM

Still great service. awesome

Paying for shipping on warranty repairs or replacement is pretty standard for just about anything. It is surprising though that they billed you after the fact and didn't call for a credit card payment before hand. Kinda sounds as if they wanted to get your gear back quicker so you could get on with adventuring.

Having had a lot of problems early on with the xlite pads I imagine it is easier for them to just replace the pad and reaffirm customer satisfaction and confidence than to play games trying to fix them. So as in this situation you are happy and spreading the good news rather than telling of a bad experience costing them new sales. Pretty smart way of doing business IMO.