NEMO Blaze, Anyone??

Posted by: Gordon G

NEMO Blaze, Anyone?? - 02/02/15 02:59 PM

I saw a preview of the NEMO blaze 2p tent online, which is advertized at two pounds for a two-person, two-door double wall tent and was intrigued... However, I can't find it anywhere online and haven't been able to turn up any reviews of it either. Does anyone have any experience with this tent/know where it might be found?
Here's the link where I found it: http://southwestultralight.blogspot.com/2014/08/outdoor-retailer-summer-market-2014.html
If not, any recommendations for an ultralight 2 person double wall tent? I'm hiking the CT this summer and am looking for a light tent for two that doesn't compromise comfort.
Thanks!!
Posted by: aimless

Re: NEMO Blaze, Anyone?? - 02/02/15 03:19 PM

If it isn't locatable on the web, the chances are very high that this product is not in the retail pipeline yet. They may be having materials availability, quality control, or shipping problems that are delaying its release.

Have you tried to contact Will Rietveld, the blogger whose site you linked to? He may have an idea of when this was scheduled to be released to retailers or else have a contact for the USA NEMO sales reps.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: NEMO Blaze, Anyone?? - 02/02/15 05:52 PM

10 seconds of googling brought it up on the NEMO site, but it shows as "Out of Stock." That probably means it hasn't been released yet. I suggest you contact NEMO directly.

It looks as though the tarptent.com double-wall, 2-person offerings weigh close to a pound more. However, they appear to have more square feet. I'm wondering how NEMO got down to 2 lbs. without going to cuben fiber.

I've read that it often is close to a year after Outdoor Retailer that items get on the market. As a really wild guess, I suspect a spring 2015 release?

Please let us know what you find out! Thank you!
Posted by: Gordon G

Re: NEMO Blaze, Anyone?? - 02/02/15 07:56 PM

Thanks for the input! I'd seen the NEMO site, but I wasn't sure if out of stock meant they hadn't started making them yet or whether they were just sold out. I'll definitely ask around and let you all know what comes up... From looking at the designs it looks like they got the weight down by making it non-freestanding by eliminating one of the cross poles and just using stakes to hold out the corners, but even with that, I was surprised by the weight too!
Thanks again!
Posted by: Brooks

Re: NEMO Blaze, Anyone?? - 05/22/15 01:45 PM

I just got off the phone w/ Nemo (as I had the same question). They said there was a delay in the production of the fabric for the tent and they're expecting the Blaze to arrive on or around June 15th. Have a great day!