Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite

Posted by: Boogie

Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 09/24/14 09:21 AM

Hey folks, I am looking to get a lighter pot for cooking. Right now I have an old MSR Alpine 2 Cookset, which seems heavy for this day and age.

I am looking at titanium pots because all I do is really just boil water.

Does anyone know if the MSR Whisperlite will fit inside the Snow Peak Trek 900? Or does anyone have a recommended titanium pot that will hold an MSR Whisperlite and boil enough water for two, but still maintain the light and compact features?

Thanks in advance...

I am not ready to upgrade to a smaller stove, and I have 2 of these MSR Whisperlite stoves, so it seems like I should make do with these until I have to upgrade.

Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 09/24/14 01:29 PM

I really like the Evernew 1.3L ti pot for soloing, and it holds most any stove I have--canister-top or remote (such as the Whisperlite). In general, wide and low is more fuel-efficient than tall and narrow, but might not pack as easily.

Cheers,

Rick
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 09/24/14 09:36 PM

It's been a while since I used a Whisperlite - in fact, I stopped using it when I got a .9L MSR Titan Kettle. As I recall, one reason was because it wasnt' broad enough to fit on all three supports: to be solidly on two, it didn't quite reach the third, which meant it was lopsided and one side rested on the burner instead of the supports.

Like I said, it's been a while since I tried it, so I may be remembering wrong. But the point is, be sure to make sure the pot is broad enough to sit firmly on the supports.
Posted by: Marv

Re: Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 09/27/14 03:40 PM

I have an Optimus Terra weekend .95 liter pot and fry pan that my whisper light fits into. Its aluminum with a funky heat exchanger on the bottom of it. I like it a lot. I did 4 days in the Tetons with it this August and had great luck with it.
Posted by: BradMT

Re: Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 10/05/14 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By Boogie
Does anyone know if the MSR Whisperlite will fit inside the Snow Peak Trek 900

Yes it does... that is the exact combo I have.
Posted by: Boogie

Re: Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 10/05/14 06:47 PM

Can you post a picture of how it nests?
Posted by: BradMT

Re: Snow Peak Trek 900 Pot w/ MSR whisperlite - 10/05/14 09:52 PM

You're welcome, and no.

I nests perfectly with plenty of room.