2 person sleeping bag

Posted by: CaliPacker99

2 person sleeping bag - 06/01/14 11:21 PM

Hi all,

I've been looking all over for a good 2 person sleeping bag/quilt for myself and girlfriend for our 3 season CA backpacking adventures. I found the Nemo Tango Duo but can't find many reviews online. Anyone have experience with this system?

Posted by: TomD

Re: 2 person sleeping bag - 06/03/14 02:37 AM

NO, but I looked at it online. This is a pretty specialized bag, designed to work with their pad. You may want to consider a two person quilt kit from Ray Jardine (RayWay). Never used one, but some people love his quilts. The issue I have with this bag is that if you ever want to go alone or with someone you don't want to sleep with in the same bag, then you need another bag. There are bags that zip together, so you might consider that as well.
Posted by: BZH

Re: 2 person sleeping bag - 06/03/14 11:59 AM

I don't have any experience with the Nemo either. I have experience with zip together bags (from REI) and much prefer my Enlightened Equipment quilt. Tim from En. Eq. previewed on facebook a two-person quilt he is developing. It probably won't be on his website until July, but if truly interested he would probably make one for you before they go up for sale on the website. Jacks r Better also sells a two-person quilt.

My zipped together bag works nicely but is much heavier than a comparable quilt. My advice if you get two bags that zip together, get two different temperature ratings. That gives you more flexibility. You can put either bag on top depending on the temperature, or put the zipper between you and your partner if you have different insulation requirements.
Posted by: dkramalc

Re: 2 person sleeping bag - 06/03/14 12:21 PM

Another option - a bit pricy, but I was impressed by the looks of the Feathered Friends Penguin bag with accompanying groundsheet (which has slots for sleeping pads). They come in different temperature ratings, and you can even attach hoods to the groundsheet if you want.

FF Penguin