darn bear canister...

Posted by: phat

darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 03:00 PM

base weight back over 13.... lame
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 04:00 PM

but but, you can sit on it like a stool. THAT makes it better, right?

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 04:16 PM

Not really :P

I can get down to 12.5 pounds (a kilo of base weight reduction) - At about a dollar per gram of weight saved.. eek

Could also save a bit by ditching the light goretex and just relying on the poncho - actually I may do that and just bring my nikwaxed windshirt, which is good enough for blustery stuff and lighter than the goretex - I don't anticipate the rain like I often get in the rockies.

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 04:27 PM

Hopefully you realized I was being sarcastic. I'm sure you'll be fine whatever you decide to do. I would keep a close eye on the weather in the Sierras as your trip date closes in. The weather is just being too wierd and I don't know what to expect from this summer except fires.

Good luck on the trip

Chris
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 05:01 PM

Bear can is my biggest problem right now. No real good options, oh well mandatory evil.
Posted by: Pika

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 05:36 PM

Just think of it as a character builder!

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 06:57 PM

well, through some more consideration, I'm back down below that to 5721 grams - and by spending the mere sum of $1200 I can lose another 637 grams.. ( comparing my Gear I own list versus my Gear I would have if my wife wouldn't kill me list... smile )

As always, careful thinking matters more than actually spending money...

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/16/14 11:10 PM

I just got a Enigma, I've only slept in 2 nights but look foward to many nights this year.

Don't resist;)

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/17/14 12:07 AM

I don't know who is more reprehensible.. the fool or the fool who encourages him... wink

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/17/14 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By phat

I don't know who is more reprehensible.. the fool or the fool who encourages him... wink
Depends on your wife, I guess.

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/17/14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By rockchucker22
Originally Posted By phat

Depends on your wife, I guess.

Does this mean when she finds the bill I can blame you? Do you think it will work?

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/17/14 12:45 PM

Yes pass the buck "but deer, rock told me to!" I'll take the blame, I'll PM my phone# just in case!

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/17/14 01:01 PM

Use the force Phat. "This isn't the backpacking gear your looking for"....

Re: darn bear canister... - 03/17/14 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By skcreidc
Use the force Phat. "This isn't the backpacking gear your looking for"....

Having tried this for a number of years I have concluded my wife must be a Toydarian and my Jedi mind tricks do not work on her...