Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt??

Posted by: joshaucoin

Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 01:00 PM

Click the link above to take part in a survey that is helping us gather information for a new "back saving" backpack. we hope to create a backpack that will prevent back pain or injury. We thank you in advance and very much appreciate your participation.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 01:38 PM

At the risk of bursting bubbles here, but they already exist.... When a user has a well fitted pack, the weight is transferred to hip belt. I've never once felt any pressure/pain on my back after a long trip...
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 03:03 PM

Moderator note: Just to let you know that we don't allow links to surveymonkey on this site. They have resulted in users being spammed in the past. The software on this site will allow you to set up a poll here. I have also deleted your duplicate posts, another no-no.

If a backpack causes pain, it hasn't been fitted properly. Look at the home page of this site, left hand column for articles on how to select a backpack that fits.

Backpack fit is almost as individual as shoe fit. The pack needs to fit the specific user, fit the specific gear (s)he is carrying and be comfortable for the user with the gear packed inside. The user needs to acquire his/her other gear before shopping for a backpack and then box up and take the gear (plus the equivalent in weight and bulk of several days' food, plus a day's water) along to the store.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 03:33 PM

If a backpack could prevent back pain, then there are probably millions of people out there who'd happily wear it 24 hours a day.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 04:03 PM

I've never asked any of them.
Duane
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By hikerduane
I've never asked any of them.
Duane

Mine left me for a younger, better looking hiker.

I'll never forgive you, backpack!!!
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 05:18 PM

thanks OM for looking out for us. I don't need anymore spam.

My body configuration may be different than others because I have no back pain associated with carrying my pack, although on long uphill slogs it does seem to cause me a PAIN IN THE BUTT! laugh

jimmyb
Posted by: lori

Re: Backpack survey. Does your backpack hurt?? - 11/18/13 10:03 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't have done that. My backpacks don't hurt me. The ones I used to have did.

Your survey was based on a bad assumption anyway. Backpacking doesn't have to hurt - you just need to find the right pack. Ain't gonna be one pack fits everyone, regardless of how you design it.