Water bottle and cup combo

Posted by: WyOutdoors

Water bottle and cup combo - 07/19/13 05:54 PM

I always see people using the 32oz nalgene bottles with the gsi 18 oz cup. Or the canteen and canteen cup. Its awesome being able to slide the cup over the bottle. What I am having trouble finding is a smaller cup that will fit on the bottom of a 24oz bottle or maybe a gatorade bottle. The smaller system would be great for light weight trips. The few cups I have found the handle doesn't collapse around the cup. If someone can help me with any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Even better if the cup has a lid.

Thanks
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Water bottle and cup combo - 07/19/13 06:20 PM

I don't use Nalgene bottles, which are heavy. I use 1-quart Smartwater bottles (which slip into and out of pack pockets easily) plus a 2-liter Evernew bladder for camp water. Platypus has a similar bladder; either is about a third the weight of a 1-liter Nalgene.

I don't use a cup, either. I drink water directly out of my personal water bottle. For hot beverages (mostly tea) I drink directly out of my cooking pot.

Posted by: lori

Re: Water bottle and cup combo - 07/19/13 08:10 PM

I use Platypus hydration bladder and a softsided Nalgene around camp.

My cup is a small plastic thing that doubles as a measuring cup and nests inside the pot or, if I have a protein smoothy binge for breakfasts, a small 16 oz Nalgene to shake the lumps out of it. Never gets used on the trail so whatever my cup is, it's in the bear can or the pot while hiking.

I have 32 oz Nalgenes and one of those stainless nesting cups. I take the cup and a few Esbit tabs when taking the SAR gear out for a spin, since I'm quite minimalist then. Never bother to nest it with anything tho. It's what passes for a cook pot.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Water bottle and cup combo - 07/21/13 03:13 PM

I do pretty much the same as Mouse - collapsible water bottles and pot; no cup.
Posted by: WyOutdoors

Re: Water bottle and cup combo - 07/22/13 12:28 AM

I know there's most definitely lighter ways to pack. I just love the idea of the combo fitting together and I have a pot to boil water in. Just looking to find a smaller combo.