Anybody try and use the Marmot NanoWave45??

Posted by: Steadman

Anybody try and use the Marmot NanoWave45?? - 02/14/13 09:43 PM

Another year, another kid to get ready to come do summer backpacking in the Blue Ridge...

I'm looking for a lightweight synthetic 45ish degree bag for my 5 (almost 6) year old so she can come with the two older kids and dad (me) for some out and back trips in the Blue Ridge. Looking to spend less than $150.

The rest of us are carrying a Marmot Pounder and two Marmot Lamina 45s. The Marmot NanoWave45 looked comperable and is priced to move.

So my question is, has anyone used this bag, and how did they like it? Do the zippers work well, was it assembled properly, did it seem like it performed true to rating?

Oracle5, I saw you had one on your gear list and were looking to replace with something lighter - what'd you think about it? Anybody else have a user's eye opinion??

Thanks a bunch

Steadman
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Anybody try and use the Marmot NanoWave45?? - 02/14/13 11:04 PM

For my grandkids I got The North Face Tigger. It's synthetic, very washable, relatively light and warm down to (or a little below) freezing. Your 5-year-old won't outgrow it for another 5-7 years, at which time she'll be ready for an adult size bag.