Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent

Posted by: T.C.

Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent - 07/20/12 09:40 PM

I have a Walrus Micro Swift tent. It is a great tent -- I have used it many times, and I hope to use it many more. Unfortunately, I lost the tent poles on a recent outing. Walrus is out of business, so I can't get replacements from them, so I plan to order some custom-made poles from tentpoletechnologies.com. I just need to figure out the right size. Does anyone on this forum own a Micro Swift? And if so, would you be willing to measure your tent poles for me?

You would think the measurements would be on file somewhere, but I called Cascade Designs (which owns what's left of Walrus) and they told me they don't have a record of the tent specifications.

-TC
Posted by: Franco

Re: Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent - 07/23/12 07:33 PM

Front pole
78" (198cm), 8.5mm diameter Yunan ,7 sections
Rear pole
51" (129.5cm), 8.5mm diameter Yunan, 5 sections

The thickness is not important. Any pole around 8mm and up will do . The sleeves will accommodate a thicker pole.
The difficult part is that the front pole was made with pre bent sections and as far as I know you cannot buy those .however Easton do have pre-bent .344" (8.74mm) that may do the job.

(the stored size was 16" so I assume that the max length of those sections was 15" plus tips minus the bend.)
Franco

Re: Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent - 07/28/12 07:58 PM

NM

Re: Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent - 08/17/12 09:28 AM

Franco,

Thanks you very much for that information. I ordered poles in those sizes, and they fit perfectly.

-TC

Re: Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent - 08/17/12 08:10 PM

great...
I did the same for another guy at another forum, never heard back...( and no it wasn't a TT...)
(sometimes I get the impressions some think we get paid for this...)
Franco

Re: Help sizing poles for a Walrus Micro Swift tent - 08/17/12 11:54 PM

Don't let it get to you. Net etiquette has been declining since the early days.

-TC