anybody use BioUD ?

Posted by: jwild

anybody use BioUD ? - 06/03/11 05:09 PM

Anybody use BioUD natural insect repellent for mosquitoes? I heard Billstephenson mention it in the offclip on repellent top but he said he uses it mostly for ticks as there are not alot of mosquitoes around where he is.
Some of the places I go are so mosquito infested that I literally soak my skin in Deet daily. I dont mind the smell/grease but I like to be healthy and I know the stuff is/cannot be good for me. Any other alternative suggestions welcome as well grin thanks
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/04/11 01:55 PM

The website for BioUD has a video showing a guy wearing it and sticking his arm into a tank filled with mosquitos. They stayed away pretty good. I think they said it is as effective as DEET, so it's worth giving it a shot.

I used some on my bare legs yesterday and didn't have a tick on me all day. This morning I took a stroll around my potato patches in the forest below our house and had five of the big ones try and hitch a ride. They all met with an unfortunate end before they bit me smile

Posted by: midnightsun03

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/05/11 07:58 AM

Where do you find BioUD?
Posted by: sjohnny

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/05/11 04:41 PM

The only place I found it on a quick search was from the company themselves [url=www.homs.com]www.homs.com[/url]
I'm contemplating ordering some and hoping it gets here before my little trip next weekend. It just bothers me to pay $1000 shipping for a $2 item.

ETA: I also just found it on Amazon

I'm going to wait until I can find it somewhere where I can buy other stuff to make me feel better about the shipping.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/05/11 09:34 PM

I bought mine at Wal-Mart in the camping section. They may have quit carrying though, I'm not sure, I haven't been there in a few months, but someone told just a week ago that they couldn't find it there.
Posted by: kcdan62

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/06/11 12:06 PM

Bill I also got some a wile back at walmart but haven't used it yet. But its in my pack.

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/08/11 04:04 PM

checking wallyworld tonight! Otherwise iam going to order some and give it my own test, i just do not trust studies or tests funded by companies trying to sell things grin

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/08/11 09:23 PM

Darn it, I was AT WM tonight and I forgot to look! mad

MNS/DM

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/11/11 01:54 AM

No BioUD at the walmart by my house; out of the 5 in my area it has the biggest camping/fishing dep. sooo I bought some other natural lemon eucalyptus stuff along with some 100 percent deet for trip on Monday. We will see how long it takes for me to whip out the DEET! frown

Re: anybody use BioUD ? - 06/11/11 08:07 AM

I remembered to look last night at WalMart too and didn't find it either. I need protection from bugs other than mossies and all the "natural" stuff only said they protected against mossies so I didn't buy any.

MNS/DM