o2 Gear shop?

Posted by: Yippeekiay

o2 Gear shop? - 03/16/11 08:37 PM

Hi All,
New here and have been looking for a lite weight sleeping bag. Found a Marmot Helium second hand (but like new) so I googled and found this:
http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/produc...&zmap=21793
This is around $100 cheaper than anywhere else. Question is has anyone dealt with these guys and are they on the up&up?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks!
Paul
Posted by: AndyPandy

Re: o2 Gear shop? - 03/20/11 03:48 PM

Horrible.
I got a tn hardware bag from them and it took them about 2 weeks to ship it. The box was all torn up when it arrived as well. The free water bottle that they use for incentive took a month to arrive.

Decided to give them another shot when ordering my wife's backpack. This time it took over a month to arrive and the water bottle never did.

The prices are great, but the vendor is completely useless. I would hate to think what their attempt at a return policy is.
Posted by: JackPine

Re: o2 Gear shop? - 04/08/11 12:29 PM

My experience was very similar. Found them through Google because they had the lowest price on an MSR Pocket Rocket stove. After two weeks went by and I hadn't received even a shipping notice, I contacted them they said they were waiting on more stock from the manufacturer and that there was no way to be sure when I would receive the item. I think I ended up receiving it after about 4 weeks.
If you aren't in a hurry, the savings might be worth it. Just don't expect competent customer service or prompt shipping.
Posted by: lv2fsh

Re: o2 Gear shop? - 05/13/11 09:14 AM

I did research on reviews on other sites and review locations. They all sounded about the same. Everyone got their items but it was slow or took a while. I wasn't in a big hurry so I ordered a Marmot helium reg. I ordered it on 4/23/11. The website said it would ship in 5-7 "working" days. It shipped on 5/3/11( 7 working days). I recieved it on 5/9/11 in perfect shape. I bought it for $287 shipped. They had two prices for it and when I sent them a question about it, they responded quickly and told me that it was cheaper because it was a last years model. I sent them another email and asked if it was different and again they replied fast and said there was basically no change. On a side note at 6ft 200 lbs.I fit in it with plenty of room. Can't wait to use it. 2 lb 2oz. whoo hoo.