Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot

Posted by: DJ2

Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot - 07/18/10 10:31 AM

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/secureknot.htm

Link above should take you to Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot. I have been using this knot for a couple of years now and it has completly solved my chronic problem of shoelaces becoming untied.

Took me a while to change my lifelong method for tieing my shoes but it was well worth it. It is the only knot that now use. I can tie it as fast as my old knot and it comes untied with a pull of the laces, just like the standard shoe tying knot.
Posted by: CamelMan

Re: Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot - 07/18/10 11:04 AM

Nice! Thanks, I have this problem too and will definitely be trying out. It'll be a little "freaky" to change the way I've been tying my shoes for 30 years or so without a second thought, but perhaps worth it ;-)

--camelman
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot - 07/19/10 12:30 PM

Ooooh, a double square knot. That should help. Of course, a lot of times people just need to tie a normal square knot. The main reason people's shoe laces come undone is they tie the wrong knot. Of course, some people just don't tie them very tight either. wink
Posted by: Howie

Re: Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot - 07/20/10 09:51 PM

Very nice. Now I shouldn't have trouble with my hard toe boot laces either. I can see things will be much safer now. Those puppies were always coming undone.

Howie