Pinnacle Soloist

Posted by: Wstrnsky

Pinnacle Soloist - 04/19/10 06:01 PM

I just picked up one. Seems pretty light and basic. Was under 40 bucks. Any experience with GSI products durability. My Pocket rocket, fuel can, and matches fit inside along with my cooking spices. I considered the Snow Peak mini solo cookset in titanium hope I didn't make a mistake. lol
Posted by: Cesar

Re: Pinnacle Soloist - 04/19/10 06:30 PM

I really like my dualist. Its been great and has minimal dents and scratches after dropping it a few times. Ive only had it for a little over a year but the coating on the inside has held up well also.
Posted by: ChrisFol

Re: Pinnacle Soloist - 04/19/10 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By Wstrnsky
I just picked up one. Seems pretty light and basic. Was under 40 bucks. Any experience with GSI products durability. My Pocket rocket, fuel can, and matches fit inside along with my cooking spices. I considered the Snow Peak mini solo cookset in titanium hope I didn't make a mistake. lol

It really depends on your style of cooking. With the GSI pot you can do some actual cooking, but if all you are doing is boiling water then I would have gone for the mini-solo, Trek 700 or SP 600 pot/mug.

As for the durability, my wife and I use the duelist when car-camping or if we need the bigger pot and it works just fine. It is a neat little system that will last a lifetime with proper care.
Posted by: 300winmag

Re: Pinnacle Soloist - 04/19/10 10:51 PM

GSI cookware has Teflon coating inside. I much prefer Evernew's ceramic coating (on Ti or aluminum) for durability and health reasons. Overheated Teflon of-gasses sonme bad stuff.

Eric