Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta?

Posted by: Anonymous

Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/24/10 10:00 PM

Does anyone know any companies that make insulating jackets with Polarguard delta? The only one I've found is the Bozeman Mountain Work's cocoon pullover, but I can't find anywhere to purchase one.

thanks!
Posted by: Paul

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/24/10 10:56 PM

I think you can only get the Bozeman stuff directly from them. And as far as I know, Polarguard Delta is no longer being made, the entire Polarguard line having been replaced by Climashield. I'd suggest looking at jackets made with climashiled or Primaloft as reasonably comparable insulations.
Posted by: gardenville

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/25/10 02:18 AM

Go to http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?forum=19 and start a "Gear Swap" thread. Ask if anyone has a Cocoon Pullover to sell and the size you are looking for. Backpackinglight just ran a clearance on a lot of stuff as they were moving to a different store/mail order place. You might be able to pick one up at a good price.

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/25/10 01:53 PM

I've hear the Patagonia Micropuff and the Montbell Thermawrap are pretty good. Does anyone know about these?
Posted by: oldranger

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/25/10 04:51 PM

I have a micropuff vest and I like it a lot. I don't think I would like to wear it as my outer layer while bushwhacking, though. The vest provides a lot of insulation for its weight and bulk.
Posted by: Hike Smokies

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/29/10 02:57 PM

Is this the Micro Puff you're talking about?

http://www.hikespace.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?st=micro+puff

I searched for it on Google and it's hard to find!
I'm looking for one in dark blue (like a navy blue).

David
Posted by: scoppi

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 01/30/10 04:00 AM

I'm new, I've been lurking for awhile, but I think I can chime in here.

The link you posted is in fact the correct Micro Puff, a Patagonia product. However, it looks like Patagonia has discontinued making the Micro Puff, and are only making the Nano Puff and Down Sweater at the moment. So those jackets that you've found are from an older season, but they are the right ones.
Posted by: gardenville

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 02/07/10 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By hikenc9
Does anyone know any companies that make insulating jackets with Polarguard delta? The only one I've found is the Bozeman Mountain Work's cocoon pullover, but I can't find anywhere to purchase one.

thanks!

If you are still looking for the Cocoon Pullover someone on backpackinglight .com just listed a size large for $100.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/...t=239033#239033

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 02/08/10 09:07 PM

thanks for the info, but i would need a small.
Posted by: 300winmag

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 02/09/10 03:32 PM

I would NOT recommend Primaloft namely because this insulation appears to lose a lot of loft when repeatedly copmpressed.

I would recommend Climashield for its retention of loft after repeated compressions.

Eric

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 02/09/10 05:23 PM

Are there any insulated jackets made from Climashield on the market? I can't find any companies..
Posted by: Cesar

Re: Insulating jackets w/ Polarguard Delta? - 02/11/10 10:09 AM

I was under the impression that climashield is fairly new compared to primaloft. I know companies are starting to use it in their sleeping bags so maybe they will release jackets soon. If you know anyone that can sew you can order a kit from thru-hiker for a climashield jacket.