Backpack cover?

Posted by: Shocker_33

Backpack cover? - 01/14/10 06:52 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a cover for my backpack. The cover is made from a similar material to the rain cover but has a zip and a handle on it. People use them when putting the backpack on the aeroplane. They do this to protect the straps from being ripped off/damanged when they are in the aeroplanes and when the luggage handlers throw them on the carousel.

My girlfriend already has one for her bag, thats why i can describe it so well. Im now looking for one for my backpack but i have no idea what its called. Weve tried looking for the same cover as my girlfriends but we cant find it.

Its for a big 70-80 liter backpack. May one of you please help me by telling me what they are called?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob
Posted by: ringtail

Re: Backpack cover? - 01/14/10 09:22 AM

Try:

http://www.duffelbags.com/

Posted by: Tango61

Re: Backpack cover? - 01/14/10 09:06 PM

I just used a large duffle bag.

I took my Osprey backpack on a flight to Atlanta fully loaded (without stove and fuel) and placed inside a large duffle bage that had a zipper.

The duffle bag was an inexpensive one I picked up from Academy.

Ooops, I just realize you were from UK and were asking what the bag is called. As Food said, here we refer to it as a duffle bag.
T
Posted by: Glenn

Re: Backpack cover? - 01/14/10 09:16 PM

It's also called a pack duffel:

http://www.rei.com/product/728446

or

http://www.rei.com/product/787296

Hope the links help.
Posted by: Roocketman

Re: Backpack cover? - 01/16/10 09:05 PM

If these answers don't work for you, why not post a picture of the bag thing that your girl friend has?

It might be something that would have wide appeal.

Somebody might recognize it and let you know what it is called. A picture is worth 1,000 words, more or less.
Posted by: jessicaperry382

Re: Backpack cover? - 04/13/10 11:00 AM

Hey you can check out Bergman Luggage for more details. Since they provide wide range of options in luggage sets, backpacks and many other travel packing accessories, I hope you can get your stuff at Bergman Luggage
Posted by: 300winmag

Re: Backpack cover? - 04/13/10 03:25 PM

In 1980 I flew from Pennsylvania to California to work as a professional trail builder on the initial construction of the Pacific Crest Trail. I had a carry on bag and a check-through backpack B/C I would be camping when working.

To cover the backpack I just used a white canvas laundry bag with my name & address on it in permenant marker. Worked fine. A military surplus duffle bag would be good too.

Eric
Posted by: taM

Re: Backpack cover? - 04/13/10 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By jessicaperry382
Hey you can check out Bergman Luggage for more details. Since they provide wide range of options in luggage sets, backpacks and many other travel packing accessories, I hope you can get your stuff at Bergman Luggage

smells like a spammer....
Posted by: oldranger

Re: Backpack cover? - 04/13/10 09:08 PM

I have used a standard Army dufel bag to protect my large backpack (circa 7500 cu in) when flying. Worked like a charm. They can be had very cheaply in thrift stores.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Backpack cover? - 04/14/10 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By taM
Originally Posted By jessicaperry382

smells like a spammer....

Why, because they only posted once and it was to promote a product? wink goodjob