Lighter, Big Man Bag

Posted by: Beartooth Tucker

Lighter, Big Man Bag - 07/07/09 11:17 AM

I have been trying to research a lighter Big Man bag, I am roughly 6'1 250 our chosen hobby is somewhat discriminatory against the large man. No problem, it is the same thing with surfing. smile Always buy my board shorts from Polynesian countries, where a large man surfing is more common. That being said.

I hope to find a 20-30 bag that is a bit larger girth and longer than 6'0 feet. Oh, yea, I would like a down bag. Any thoughts?
Posted by: sarbar

Re: Lighter, Big Man Bag - 07/07/09 11:20 AM

Big Agnes, Marmot and Sierra Designs all make bags for men over 6 foot (my husband is 6'4" and not a beanpole)

Big Agnes will be your best bet for a w-i-d-e bag if you like to move. As well, look for sleeping pads that are 25" wide, not the standard 20" if you can.

Re: Lighter, Big Man Bag - 07/07/09 11:31 AM

thanx, i'll look into it. don't mind my 20 pad. just need a bit of room for my shoulders, mostly.
Posted by: OldScout

Re: Lighter, Big Man Bag - 07/07/09 03:35 PM

I have the same problem AND I'm slightly claustrophic. Look into the Western Mountain Megalite. Works for us guys with broad shoulders.

Re: Lighter, Big Man Bag - 07/07/09 07:14 PM

thanx for the info, went with the wm alpinlite. love it. plenty of room, less than 2 lbs in a waterproof sack and small as a loaf of bread.