Dana Designs Loadmaster longbed question

Posted by: rootball

Dana Designs Loadmaster longbed question - 06/29/09 07:46 PM

I have bid on a Large Loadmaster Longbed on Ebay. I think I might get it - for a mear 107.50. No one else has bid and its almost over. What a steal. It is reported to be in near perfect condition and the pictures appear so.
Anyways - my question is this - what are the magic wands for, and how do they work - are they adjustable for a different ride? Does anyone have any experience they can tell me about the pack. I know they are highly sought after, and I've always wanted to get my hands on one.
Really cool - the last one of these I bid on got away from me at 240.00.
Woohooo!
Thanks, Rootball.
Posted by: SloHiker

Re: Dana Designs Loadmaster longbed question - 07/01/09 11:43 AM

I'm not tough enough to carry the weight these packs were designed to carry, but suffice it to say they'll handle any reasonable load.

The wands are made of fiberglass, if I recall correctly. They're attached at a point on the belt with slider adjustments straps. You can adjust the lower balance characteristics of the weight, much like the load lifters work at adjusting the weight on the shoulders. I don't know of any other pack that offered this feature. Kinda hard to articulate - but it works!

If you don't win the pack you're bidding on - I can put you in touch with a guy that would probably part with one (Large Long Bed/Red)