where to buy suspension hoop mat'l.?

Posted by: Capoken

where to buy suspension hoop mat'l.? - 03/16/08 07:37 PM

My BPing partner loves his MS ghost. And I see that the ULA circuit also has a following.

The MS Ghost has a fiberglass suspension hoop and the ULA's is made of delrin. I want to incorperate a similar frame into my G4 to make it more comfortable at winter weights. This would allow me to add load lifters as well. I would also make it removable and incorperate it into my idea for a sil-nylon chair sling.

So has anyone ever removed one of those things and checked out the material? Is it straight when relaxed or in a U shape? Is it flat or round?

Any idea as to where I can buy something like it?

Thanks for any input.
Posted by: Paul

Re: where to buy suspension hoop mat'l.? - 03/16/08 08:23 PM

If it's Delrin you can get Delrin rod from Tap plastics, or at least they had it the last time I looked. They also had fiberglass rod. You might also try McMaster-Carr
www.mcmaster.com

Re: where to buy suspension hoop mat'l.? - 03/17/08 09:22 PM

Do can anyone tell me the approximate diameter of their Ghost or Circuit hoop rod?
Posted by: TurkeyBacon

Re: where to buy suspension hoop mat'l.? - 03/18/08 03:39 AM

does anybody know the difference in weight from a rod, to a single aluminum stay? I would seem to be me to make more sence to put in a single 3/4 inch aluminum stay. It would get shaped and probably have more load bearing strength.
OR not...
Scott

Re: where to buy suspension hoop mat'l.? - 03/18/08 06:46 PM

Also a good idea! But maybe two stays would be better so I can add for load lifters.

The reason I want to use the plastic rods is because it looks so simple but effective, with load lifters well integrated.