MYOG Full Tent Build

Posted by: Tacblades

MYOG Full Tent Build - 03/29/15 10:16 AM

Well decided in the end to make a compete tent build
I wanted ultra light weight, storm proof, and back packable.

Ended up with this silnylon mid, 630g, 2.8m square, seams bound with sealing tape and beeswax no need to seam seal.

A short video on all the features and setup smile

smile
Posted by: topshot

Re: MYOG Full Tent Build - 03/29/15 01:37 PM

Not sure I'd call 42 minutes short (by movie standard perhaps), but it's a nice looking shelter. Well done!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: MYOG Full Tent Build - 03/29/15 05:18 PM

Looks great! Personally I really want a floor and bug netting, but that's just me. HYOH, YMMG and all that! Of course that could all be added if desired.

I'm curious if you have tested the seam waterproofing. How well does the tape hold onto the silnylon? The beeswaxed thread idea sounds interesting. Have you given the tent a thorough garden hose test? You might want to keep doing that periodically during the life of the tent. If it lasts, it will certainly beat messy seam-sealing, and I'll bet that at least some silnylon tent makers would be interested!
Posted by: finallyME

Re: MYOG Full Tent Build - 03/30/15 09:53 AM

OM, he said he uses a net tent with it. Anyways, great tarp! You did a great job. I too am interested in your seam construction and no need to seam seal. Of course, you are in Britain, so I am sure you will get plenty of rain to test it out. Keep us updated.

I am right in the middle of planning my next tarp build. I have the fabric, now I just need the time to put it together.
Posted by: SurvivalDad

Re: MYOG Full Tent Build - 04/04/15 01:23 PM

Very nice design
Posted by: Honas

Re: MYOG Full Tent Build - 05/24/15 05:00 AM

That is really impressive!