Where to find tent toggles

Posted by: Caryl

Where to find tent toggles - 02/05/13 06:05 PM

Does anyone know if there is a US based place where I can find tent toggles that look like these? I have 8 that I cut from an old tent but I really want to find more for a new project I'm working on.

Posted by: PerryMK

Re: Where to find tent toggles - 02/06/13 09:32 AM

The best I came up with on an internet search was a couple of tent makers, but probably not the style of tent you have.



A good place to find odd plastic parts is a local Ace Hardware store. Show the store clerk what you need. I'm amazed what they have.

It looks like it might be easy enough to make either from wood or PVC pipe.

Another option is a military surplus store. Look for part number MIL-T-10035 or NSN 8340-00-242-7872. In military speak the description should be "Tent, Toggle, Wood, Door".

I hope this helps.

Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: Where to find tent toggles - 02/06/13 09:44 AM

Also try craft stores like Ben Fanklin, they too have an amazing amount of odd stuff.
Posted by: JPete

Re: Where to find tent toggles - 02/07/13 07:35 AM

Try this http://www.woodbuttons.com/products.php?cat=22 I use them on my tie lines since my poncho has fabric loops. very quick and easy, and very dependable. best, jcp
Posted by: CamperMom

Re: Where to find tent toggles - 02/07/13 08:54 AM

Some of the hammock crowd make their own toggles from arrow shaft cut off discards. They aren't plastic, solid, nor do they hae the rounded, polisehed ends, but you can address some of that yourelf. Try an archery range for brokedn cast-offs, or an archery shop for cutoffs.