Survey for Engineering Class

Posted by: teamstove

Survey for Engineering Class - 11/28/11 01:22 PM

Hi, I am a senior in high school and in my engineering class we need to collect data from a survey about our future product in order to gleen information from potential users to see what they want in the solution. My group and I have made a survey and would like if everyone could take it and if possible pass it on so we can collect more data. Thank you.

(admin's note to op: if you want to conduct a survey you may do so within the confines of this forum. We suspect Survey Monkey is used to mine user ip's for advertising/spamming purposes and do not allow it's use here.)
Posted by: oldranger

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 11/28/11 04:31 PM

I took your survey and it left me a bit perplexed....
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 11/28/11 04:52 PM

I am an engineer with an engineering degree.
First, your #4 question needs a "none" option.

Personally, I think your survey is too vague. I don't see it yielding much quantitative data. What is the scope of your project? What are you trying to accomplish with the design?
Posted by: Maximus

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 12/03/11 06:47 PM

Hi - Is this survey an advertisement for Survey Monkey? I'm suspicious.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 12/03/11 07:53 PM

It is unlikely that a high school senior has any experience in writing a rigorously designed survey. This survey should not be viewed as anything more than a student trying to fullfill an assignment.

(The moderators have broached the idea of making a board policy against surveys such as this, on the principle that they are generally a waste of everyone's time, but no decision was made.)
Posted by: oldranger

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 12/03/11 08:26 PM

If anyone's time is precious, all they have to do is not take the survey. I don't think this is much of a problem.
Posted by: CamperMom

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 12/04/11 08:29 PM

Good point.

BTW-It is a pretty short survey. If it is truly a kid fulfilling an assignent, I say, give him a break, if you have time. If it is someone posing as a kid to get input for a business venture, again, it is a short survey. I indicated I wouldn't buy the proposed product. I am not looking for anything more to carry.

CM
Posted by: Gershon

Re: Survey for Engineering Class - 12/06/11 08:34 AM

I'm was happy to complete the survey. Since it has the word "survey" in the title, we can choose not to open it.