Hey everyone. I want to get Steger Mukluks, but not sure what size I should be getting. I am interested to hear what other people have to say about their Stegers. My foot is approx a 9 wide or extra wide and I am into minimalistic footwear. That is, for the most part, little or no raised heel and room for the toes to splay. Stegers seem to be the best winter footwear for that.

I have spent a lot of time reading discussions on Stegers, and have seen most people wear 1) two sizes up for super cold weather with extra insoles & sock system. and 2) one size up for less extreme cold. On that token I should maybe get a 10 double wide as I do not encounter extreme cold. But then there are a few people who get them true to size, and claim a size up would be way too sloppy for them!
I want the Camuksxtreme and the Steger website suggests 10XW for extreme cold and 9XW for milder cold.
When I called Steger the girl on the phone said that a 9XW is 11 inch long and 4.5 inches wide. My bare feet are 10.25x4.1 inches, so a maybe a 9XW will fit with thick socks, but length and width are not the only dimensions to fit by.

Thanks

Edit: By the way I am just a day hiker in Northeast US where it rarely gets too much below zero on the coldest days. I want the Camuksxtreme with the rubber up to the ankle for walking in the woods when too cold & snowy for my leather hiking boot.

Edited by GerGa (12/14/14 11:28 AM)