. . . or shall we say, ti vs. baa (make mtn. goat sound)

So is there a lightweight alternative to the titanium spork without going PLASTIC?
There is:

Snowpeak titanium spork vs. To-Go Wear bamboo fork and spoon.

The ti spork comes in at .6 oz. The bamboo fork AND spoon combined come in at the same .6 oz. Advantage of two utensils over one? Those pointed prongs on the spork, when only eating a soup or stew, are annoying. You got soup, then just use the spoon.

Why bamboo?

Ecologically friendly, reuseable, natural. Virtually unbreakable (I tried.) And just a nice feel in your hand.

I got my bamboos as a set from To-Go Wear:

Neat little set in a holder made from recycled plastic bottles that has a lightweight carbiner attached. In the set are spoon, fork, knife and a pair of chopsticks (great for Ramen noodleheads.) Price is about $12, a little more than a titanium spork. But you can buy just the spoon/fork/knife for only $5 from To-Go Wear , and that's less than a ti spork.

The bamboo utentils are biodegradeable (but one might say a ti spork will NEVER end up in a landfill), and that beats the hell out of the plastic sporks.

I'm storing my knife,chopsticks & carbiner at home and taking the holder, fork & spoon. Weight is .8 oz vs. a ti's .6. But worth it.

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)