So i've been toying with the idea of picking up a seperate daypack. Probably around 75-100 dollar priced daypack...to include hydration capabilites some minimal load bearing capabilites and a decent material. All of that I can understand....here's where the dilema comes in

I already have an awesome bag(ok maybe not but i love it) th eNF Primero 85L...the thing is rugged as hell, and has all the space and features i'll ever need...its practically weather and bombproof...and it feels comfortable enough for me...

I've been using that pack for pretty much everything since I got it, including little 10 miler loops and as luggage from NJ to Seattle on my biz trips. (BTW i'll be out june 21- 24th if someone wants to take me on a nice jaunt around RAiner park mondaylate morning afternoon when I arrive!!!)

I'm thinking it might be more enjoyable to have a much smaller pack, but would it be worth the expenditure?

Also, I feel from my survialist background and boyscout mentality, I usually over pack for unplanned nights out, freak storms, and other stupid things in my brain that may never happen but i'd be so angry if they did and i didn't say have my filter if my water supply ran out on the day hike....

has anyone else gone through this decision? did you get a daypack and regret it? did it change your weekends?

I'm leaning toward just keeping the 85l primero as my sole pack and just be in ridiculous shape....

thoughts comments anything welcome...maybe even break me of my survival habits that kill my loads...idk...don't worry i won't be rude like that other NJ guy - and sorry for the length of post!