I got myself the Hyperflow and after the initial gear excitement faded (still impressed by its weight and speed though), I started noticing something that bothers me quite a bit about this filter. The Hyperflow is composed of a top (which hold the actual filter element) and bottom cylinders and they overlap each other with the bottom swallowing the top when you push them against each other. The bottom cylinder is the one that holds all the water that will be filtered through the top filter element.

Filtering the water I've noticed that the rubber ring (to prevent leakage) attached to the piston is filled with grease and that same grease smothers the entire bottom (where the water is held) when you pump the filter, thus contaminating the water with that same grease. Either that or the grease will make it's way to the filter cutting down on it's life span. it's a long explanation but it becomes clear once you see it. Is that a design flaw?

I took out the whole filter apart and cleaned the rubber ring and the bottom cylinder that was greasy on the inside and now the pump doesn't work as easily.... :-( I will still keep the filter now that the rubber ring is clean but I can it see it wearing out faster...

Edited by Aviprk (06/05/08 11:15 AM)