Backpack that used to be linked on this website...

Posted by: bigwig

Backpack that used to be linked on this website... - 02/24/08 01:35 PM

Years ago there was a backpack linked from this website. It was an external frame ultralight pack. It had unique cylindrical modular compartments on the back and offered features like a front pack and seat that attached to the backpack. Anyone know the website for this backpack? I think it was made by an individual and not a large company.
Posted by: Trailrunner

Re: Backpack that used to be linked on this websit - 02/24/08 01:36 PM

Luxurylite. The owner used to post here fairly often but some of his claims became......controversial. I think the LL pack is a good product which works very well for some people. But it is not the ultimate do-it-all pack for everyone.
Posted by: bigwig

Re: Backpack that used to be linked on this websit - 02/24/08 02:07 PM

Thanks! That was it.

I am wondering, though, what kinds of things he was saying. lol
Posted by: Trailrunner

Re: Backpack that used to be linked on this websit - 02/24/08 06:17 PM

PM sent. I don't want to open a big can of worms. And I don't mean to imply that LL's owner necessarily quit posting because he was controversial. Maybe he's just too busy.
Posted by: BOWSINGER

Re: Backpack that used to be linked on this website... - 02/25/08 12:44 PM

The LuxuryLite Condor Modular Pack System is on my shopping list. At $295 for the latest package deal, it is considerably cheaper than just a couple of years ago. I have the V Bag down sleeping bag and I like both it and the service/support I have received from Warren Bruce. www.luxurylite.com

In 2005, Doug Johnson did a members-only performance review of this backpack at: www.backpackinglight.com and there was some good follow-up discussion. You don’t have to be a member to read the three reader reviews of this pack on this same site. I found them to be just about as informative as the members-only stuff. This winter, I did a reader review of the V Bag on this site. And I agree with everything I said.

A couple of years ago this forum and www.whiteblaze.net had some lively threads going about this external frame system. SGT Rock and MedicineMan have a lot of trail time under this pack. The latest stuff I could find is 12/12/07 “LuxuryLite Equipment Opinions” on the White Blaze Ultra-Light Hikers forum
Posted by: Keith

Re: Backpack that used to be linked on this website... - 02/26/08 02:28 PM

Haven't posted my Jan1'08 Grand Canyon trip report yet but I took my LL pack on that trip. I didn't even get from my car to the trailhead before a woman hopped out of her truck and had to find out where she could get one because she saw how it worked for me. I haven't upgraded to the new belt yet . . .